Sunday, August 31, 2014

Running - back at it...


Trying to get motivated...Day 1...

OK so I felt like I wasn't motivated at all so I was hoping to get inspired.  I decided to go running near my house and hoped to get 5-8 miles in.  My headphones of course stopped working as I started my run...there went my new music for motivation.  I figured at best I would get 3 miles in then.  Well much to my surprise I managed 10 miles on a pretty humid day!

Now, I don't recommend that you go from nothing to 10 miles in a day if you haven't been running for a while, but I have been 'sporadically' running/working out so I figured I should try it.  I averaged a 10:00 min/mile pace, which isn't my best, but was good considering I haven't done 10 in awhile.

Hopefully day 2 of this week goes as well as today! ;-)

Oh ya, I managed to get roped into completing a marathon at the end of the year too! eek! I guess it's time to really get my ass in gear (and motivated!) I better get some new headphones....

No comments:

Post a Comment