Thursday, August 7, 2014

Baked Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Rounds

Busy day today! We have soo much extra zucchini that I am running out of ideas! We are getting sick of Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Zucchini muffins so I decided to make some zucchini pickles and some baked parmesan crusted zucchini rounds today!

The zucchini rounds were so simple and delicious that they were a perfect side for dinner (which I had yet to determine).  I read a few recipes to get an "idea" of what I wanted, but I have such a hard time following recipes to a tee, so here is my version:

Baked Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Rounds: 

Ingredients:

  • sliced zucchini
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • equal parts Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs (the amount you use will depend on how much zucchini you slice) 
  • a dash of sea salt
  • ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  You can slice your zucchini to your liking. I sliced mine 1/4" thick so they had a little meat on them and not just breading! Drizzle the olive oil over your sliced zucchini to coat.  

In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Next, place zucchini slices a few at a time in the bowl with bread crumb mixture and coat each slice. You may have to press on the bread crumb mixture as it doesn't "stick" super easy.  Next, place slices on greased cookie sheet (I just used cooking spray).  Make sure each slice isn't touching so they can become brown and crispy.  

Now, most recipes will tell you 10 minutes then flip for another 5-10 minutes.  I don't know about you, but I like mine crispy on the outside so I baked mine close to the heat for about 15 minutes on each side.  When I only had one cookie sheet in the oven, they cooked a little bit quicker than with two.  On average, each tray was in there for 25-30 minutes.  If when you try to flip them, they stick to the pan, let them cook longer on that side! They will un-stick themselves (most of the time!)! 

Voila! There are my delicious Zucchini Rounds! Hope you enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment