Thursday, September 18, 2014

Omelettes... for dinner!!





Sweet Potato, Spinach, & Feta Omelette!! 

You know those nights when you are just not in the mood for the dinner you planned??? You think you have everything figured out and all of a sudden you think it sounds crappy.  That's what happened tonight. I was just not in the mood for baked fish.  Blah.  So... I decided to have some breakfast for dinner! My absolute favorite!

Mmmm...omelettes!!

This time, I decided to put a little twist than what I normally do for omelettes (cheese and spinach) and decided to add...sweet potatoes!

I'm not sure if this is normal for some people, but it was actually pretty delicious! I had previously diced and froze sweet potatoes when we wouldn't eat them before they went bad.  So I took a handful of sweet potatoes and sauteed them on the stove until they were golden brown and soft on the inside.
 Then I added the spinach.  Once that was cooked a bit, I took those off the unit, cooked my egg, then added my sweet potato, spinach and added feta cheese.


Fold your omelette in half, cook some more and enjoy!

Delicious!!! What crazy things do you put in your omelettes?? I would love some more ideas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment