Sunday, December 7, 2014

Roaring 20's Party Ideas and Decorations






Leaving the Roaring 20's Behind Party was a hit! We transformed a hall into an awesome Gatsby-inspired themed party.  Starting from scratch, we were able to create a complete look!

Before

After! With decorations from 1toystore.com and 4funparties.com, we were able to decorate the room really well! 



The chandeliers in the center of the room are made from gold fringe curtain and a hula hoop painted gold.  Here is the tutorial for the chandelier!


Here were some additional features of the party! I hope you are inspired from all these fun ideas!
A two tiered cake with fabric embellishments make for a fun, easy cake! 




Many of our favorite candies were invented in the 20s!! My sister put together this amazing candy bar with a timeline and descriptions of when the company started making the candies. It was a perfect Thank you goody bag! Who says goody bags are for kids?!?!
It was AWESOME! 

 Above the candy bar hung a Happy Birthday sign created using my Cricut. 

Centerpieces were made with spray painted branches (it was perfect that this party was in the winter!) and spray painted vases from the dollar store).  Hanging a string of pearls added the perfect touch to this centerpiece! 



I also made a photo booth using the program Sparkbooth ($55) that I had purchased when planning my husbands party last year. Last time, we made the space too small so the pictures were EXTREMELY dark.  This year, my party planner assistant (aka my mom) came up with the idea to use the frame from a canopy tent.  It was a 10' frame that we taped black table cloths to to create the photobooth effect.  (I ran out of black tablecloths - since I used some for the backdrop as well.  You will need 2 for each side if you are going to cover all sides.  

Photo props included mustaches, glasses, lips, boas, hats, saxophones, microphones and cigarettes.  We had a blast! 
I set up the photobooth to automatically print and it came out with 2 copies of the picture per page.  They were able to tape one into a book, giving me a keepsake of my 30th and the others was there to keep! 




No comments:

Post a Comment