Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Sauce on Pretzel Rolls







Tastefully Simple came out with this Pretzel Roll Mix that I had to try.  Whenever we go out to eat, I always look for the burger or grilled chicken on a pretzel roll.  So instead of making these as just rolls, I wanted them to be big enough to be a bun for a delicious "Thanksgiving" turkey burger with a cranberry sauce!! Yumm!

The pretzel buns were easy to make with only two ingredients needed and easy-to-follow instructions on the box.


Cranberry "Aioli" Sauce

Next, I made my cranberry "aioli" sauce. You need: 
1/2 cup canned cranberry sauce (whole or jellied)
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. apple cider or orange juice
Add all ingredients to food processor and blend.


Chill for 20 minutes or more.  Taste to see if you need to add any more cranberry sauce.  Once chilled, I tasted the greek yogurt more than when I first blended.  


Turkey Burger Recipe

You need (serves 4): 
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning

Mix together and separate into 4- 1/4 lb. patties.  Grill or steam, ensuring to cook all the way through. 


Layer your turkey burger and add your fixings.  Unfortunately we had no lettuce, otherwise that would have made it perfect!!! Add some sides, such as sweet potato fries (my favorite!!!) and broccoli (to add some veggies) and enjoy! 

Thoughts of the meal: LOVED the pretzel rolls! They were a huge hit. I made 5 buns out of the package, but I definitely made them too big. I should have flattened them more, making probably 8 buns instead...   The seasoned turkey burgers with the cranberry sauce were the perfect "Thanksgiving" combo.  Cranberry sauce on its own was a bit much, so it has to be a nice balance with other flavors.  Hubby enjoyed the dinner as well, which is an A in my book! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment